Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Regrets? I've had a few, but then again.....

Jack Nicklaus exorcises Ford-era demons by stumping for Romney - latimes.com

When I went to the polls here, early this a.m., there was a long line.  I cannot remember the last time I saw that.  Was there "change" afoot, as we saw in 2008?  Or does Obama have the race locked up as the pollsters seem to indicate?

As a nation, we continue to spend more than we take in.  We continue to pass our debts to our children;  this is unspeakably immoral.  A vote for Obama says, in effect, that's fine with me, keep it going at least another four years.  A French king once said the same, apres moi, le deluge.  And those words lived in ignominy ever since.

Someday, the markets will intervene and we will regret it.  Could Americans be waking up to this proactively?  Or did the voters in my precinct hustle out early to line up for more free money......?

No comments: