Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A comedic film noir?

Film Rx:  "His Kind of Woman" --------- very unusual, a film noir, but Vincent Price adds a hilarious comedic air at the end.  Stars Robert Mitchum, Jane Russell, and Mr. Price.   Does not appear to be on Netflix, I got it from another source.

Vincent Price quotes, all or in part, from Shakespeare:

Now soldiers, much away and how thou pleasest God, dispose the day
Now, soldiers, march away,
And how Thou pleasest, God, dispose the day.  Henry V

Ahoy there, stand by to be commandeered.

Mutinous scoundrel.

Stop counting hombres and start that engine!

Now would I give a 1000 furlongs of sea for an acre of barren ground.
Now would I give a thousand furlongs of sea for an acre of barren ground: long heath, brown furze, anything. The wills above be done, but I would fain die a dry death.  The Tempest

Don't stand there jabbering, abandon ship!

Falter not.

I have yet to spurn the glare of a spotlight or run away from applause.

Death hath not struck so fat a deer yet today.

What, old acquaintance, could not all this flesh
Keep in a little life? Poor Jack, farewell.
I could have better spared a better man.
O, I should have a heavy miss of thee
If I were much in love with vanity.
Death hath not struck so fat a deer today,
Though many dearer in this bloody fray.
Emboweled will I see thee by and by;
Till then in blood by noble Percy lie. Henry IV

No comments: