Monday, September 18, 2017

Pension Storm Coming: "This Will Become One Of The Most Heated Battles Of My Lifetime" | Zero Hedge

Pension Storm Coming: "This Will Become One Of The Most Heated Battles Of My Lifetime" | Zero Hedge



Here in Dallas I pay about 2.7% in property taxes. When I bought my home over four years ago, I checked our local pension and was told we were 100% funded. I even mentioned in my letter that I was rather surprised. Turns out they lied. Now, realistic assessments suggest they will have to double the municipal tax rate (yes, I said double) to be able to fund fire and police pension funds. Not a terribly popular thing to do. At some point, look for taxpayers to desert the most-indebted cities and states. Then what? I don’t know. Every solution I can imagine is ugly.

No comments: